Data Recovery Quotes

Put simply, data recovery is the process of retrieving computer data that, for any number of reasons, has become inaccessible using normal methods. Ontrack data recovery has the right tools and experience to solve your data loss problems.

Your Ad Here
Add to Technorati Favorites
Data Recovery

Jan 17, 2009

A unique Data Recovery Problem Talking with Data Recovery Specilits.

I was in the office and discussing some technical issues with my collegues suddenly one person arrived and ask us the following problem.

I have a Problem with my hardisk, I lft my PC unattended for about a hour, when I returned I saw this Blue screen which said something about Some error has occurred and that windows has Halted the system.

rebooted, and when I rebooted I saw the Dos Screen stuff saying detecting IDE Master Slave etc etc. After several minutes it said to insert Boot up disk, but I tried the Windows Disk and after it reached Repair Windows I selected that, but it just remained like that. Tried rebooting a few time and the Same Scenario occurred.

Thank Goodness I had a Spare hard Drive (with Win XP that I made on this same PC) I Hooked this up and removed the (Main original C: drive that was not Booting)

also Hooked the Original Drive in a HD Enclosure and plugged into the USB port as an External Drive. (The Lite went on the Hardrive spins) When I checked "My Computer" it showed the Drive (Now as E) but when I looked at the Properties it said that the Drive was O bytes and the File System was "RAW".

I just cant understand how my NTFS files changed to RAW? in an hour?I even went into Disk Management and it did not show the drive (Only the new C drive)

Downloaded Easeus Data Recovery, it also recognized the Drive as Raw but cud not recover do anything more. Even tried Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery and PTDD Partition Table Doctor 3.5 and they dont even see the Drive.

My question is , Can someone one Recommend how I can recover my important file I saved on it, (A few Hundred MB) Since I dont want to discard the drive.

PC Has Win XP SP2, 2Gb RAM, Hardive Seagate 250GB, any other info needed please let me know.

Please Help me I have important files to recover.

So. See the conversation which we passed.
Me: the drive sounds like it is dead. You can recover the data by rebuilding the disks into another drive, but there is no normal method.
Aslam:Have you tryed to hook that HDD to other PC? Your firend's maybe?
Kamran:No Luck yet, Tried freezing for 12 Hrs, Went it thrawed out Hooked it up again, Still recognized the whole Drive content as RAW file. Cant understand how aDrive cud just change all files to unreadable RAW files.
Mansoor:its very hard to do something effective now. what i would do from now on is that u do ur self a big favor and buy ur self one or two external hard drives. make an image of ur HD every 3 weeks or so than that way u would never lose data.
Muneeb: don't let it thaw
hook it up immediately upon removal from the freezer.
if it warms up and stops reading you may need to re-freeze

Asad:I dunno if this will help, but i reformatted my hard disk a while ago and it also had that problem of raw data. There'd be like 300 gigs usable, and the other 400 gigs as a RAW. I used active parition recovery and it somehow recognized it as a logical partition. Maybe that'll help. Best of luck.

Article Source. http://hd-data-recovery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share

Your Nice Comments here


ShoutMix chat widget